Are you a problem-solver and want to advance in your career? If you are passionate about security and cloud data management, then you are in the right place. This article will show you more about the CompTIA A+ accreditation and how you can use it to prove that you are an IT geek. Also, achieving this badge is the first step that you need to take if you want to gain more experience in your entry-level career.
Someone who adds the A+ certification to his/her resume knows more than just repairing a PC. This credential proves that you have the necessary skills to troubleshoot and solve different networking or security issues. Recruiters will acknowledge you as a real and knowledgeable problem-solver and trust you for better-paid jobs. But, before you get the chance to add this accreditation to your curriculum vitae, you should first study hard to pass the necessary exams to obtain it.
So, keep reading the rest of the article and discover more about the training options available to get your Certbolt CompTIA A+ credential.
What You Need to Do to Become CompTIA A+ Certified?
You can obtain the A+ certification if you manage to pass two tests with codes 220-1001 and 220-1002 respectively. Each assessment helps exam-takers develop a certain set of skills to help them go further in their careers. Overall, these two CompTIA exams will teach you how to:
- Offer basic support for IT infrastructure and networking issues;
- Come with efficient troubleshooting solutions and apply best practices in scripting, change management, and documentation;
- Demonstrate the proper skills for IT security;
- Configure different operating systems and demonstrate knowledge of working with Windows, Linux, Chrome OS, Android, iOS, or Mac products;
- Offer support for IoT, mobile, and PC devices.
But what are the specific details of these two assessments? Well, the minimum passing score for 220-1001 exam is 675 points. For the second test 220-1002 by code, you will need to obtain at least 700 points out of 900 to pass it. Also, you will need to answer 90 questions in each exam which will consist of different formats like multiple-choice, drag and drop, and performance-based. You will have only 90 minutes to complete each assessment and get the passing score. In addition, potential test-takers will also need a minimum of 9 months of practical experience to be considered eligible for this accreditation. The registration fee for each test is $226.
So, as you can conclude, these two CompTIA A+ Practice Test exams are not so easy and quite expensive to take. They require in-depth preparation if you want to succeed in them.
Now, that you know what you need to do to obtain the CompTIA A+ credential, you should find more about the available preparation resources that you can use to gain more knowledge for this credential.
Complete Training Guide to Obtain A+ Accreditation
The vendor developed different comprehensive learning materials to help candidates hone the right skills to pass their A+ exams. You can choose between many CompTIA training options, depending on your schedule and way of learning. However, in this post, we’d like to see into 2 of them, the e-learning and the virtual lab alternatives.
The e-learning solution is the ideal online training for anyone who is looking for an efficient combination of interactive and self-paced lessons. The CertMaster A+ learning product combines different types of preparation materials. For example, you will have access to videos, discover various performance-based questions, and several assessments to evaluate your preparation level. The learning package has the following characteristics:
– Offers 40 hours of engaging and comprehensive content for each of the two exams;
– CertMaster Learn for the A+ covers the test objectives entirely;
– You will receive access to 10 detailed lessons that include different performance-based questions with a high level of interactivity for each test;
– You can assess your knowledge with the help of 100 practice questions for 220-1001 and 90 practice questions for 220-1002 respectively and receive immediate feedback from CompTIA expert trainers;
– You can simulate and get used to the exam environment with 90 questions similar to those that you will receive in each of the final assessments.
The vendor’s trainers use their experience to develop different types of means & materials to help test-takers ace their scores in both exams. For example, you will test your knowledge by using several methods that CertMaster Learn has developed for the e-learning option:
– You can track your progress with the help of a countdown calendar;
– You will understand the topics better thanks to images, videos, and different games and narrative instruction;
– You can revisit the materials used for training with the help of practice questions and PBQs;
– You will stay engaged with flashcards, achievement badges, and personalized dashboards.
In addition, on the CompTIA website, you will also discover the training lab alternative. It was created and is ideal for 220-1002 exam as it helps you gain more hands-on experience to earn the CompTIA A+ certification. In addition, it will assist you in mastering the following set of skills:
– Developing different troubleshooting solutions to maintain networks;
– Managing diverse users and workstations;
– Implementing and developing operating procedures to configure and maintain operating systems.
Once you feel that you gained enough knowledge to pass both exams for your CompTIA A+ accreditation, you can test your knowledge level using a vendor’s timed practice test. You shouldn’t ignore this training option as it helps you get used to the structure and difficulty level of two exams. Also, this preparation option increases your confidence and helps you determine the areas where you need to study more. How cool is that?
The CompTIA A+ certification is the first step that any IT specialist should take if he/she wants to develop advanced skills and get better jobs. While knowing and understanding the basics of the CompTIA 220-1001 & 220-1002 is important, you should study hard to obtain the passing score in both the tests. The vendor’s website is an efficient resource that you can use to discover different preparation materials for these two assessments. Gaining more knowledge while using different training options like the e-learning or virtual labs will help you get used to the environment and structure of these exams.