Today most industries around the world have already embraced diversity with continued technological advancements. Technology is perhaps the single most diverse addition to various aspects of our lives. Technology plays a significant role in how people interact and go about their daily lives. This is evident in most homes where almost every member of the family has a smartphone. Besides, there is a television, computer, and a host of other devices designed to take advantage of current technological advancements.
Technology is often defined as the process of applying scientific knowledge and skills to solve existing problems and overcome challenges. Basically, technology is developing tools and techniques to make various tasks easier to complete with minimal human effort. As such, it is evident why technology is used in almost every industry. Therefore, the education industry would also benefit from integrating various technologies into the learning process.
Understandably, technology has already been used in the education sector but not to its full potential. Only now are learning institutions realizing how beneficial the adoption of various technologies into the education system would be. Technology can be used for a wide array of academic tasks such as writing your assignments, making presentations, developing assessment tools, and implementing e-learning platforms, among many others.
Technology can bring about positive change to how teachers and students interact in the learning environment and thus improve the quality of education offered. When coupled with various other online resources, technology offers near limitless potential for both students and teachers to benefit from the learning process. Besides, most people today are already exposed to technology, i.e., laptops, personal computers, smartphones, etc. Thus, it would not take much effort to incorporate some of these technological advancements into learning.
Reasons Why Technology Should Be Included in The Learning Process
Technology is a versatile tool that offers a multitude of benefits for both teachers and students. Teachers can use technology to integrate assessment and grading tools to have more time to attend to students’ needs. On the other hand, students can also benefit from technology, especially concerning affordable writing assistance from online companies that offer services such as economics hw help, among many others. Nonetheless, there are many more reasons why incorporating technology into the education system should be taken more seriously. These reasons include:
- Technology can be used to increase the number of courses that can be offered by an institution with minimal resources
- The use of technology in the learning environment helps to enhance the learning experience
- Technology helps students worldwide to overcome geographical boundaries
- Technology offers various tools that facilitate collaboration and individual learning, ensuring students can learn at their own pace
- With technology, each student has equal access to a wide variety of learning materials
- Technology provides teachers with the tools needed to be able to cater to the needs of many students easily
- The use of technology in class, such as computers, motivates students to participate in the learning process actively. Thus, students develop an interest in learning through engagement.
- The use of technology in class exposes students to knowledge and skills useful for taking advantage of 21st-century opportunities
- The use of technology such as e-learning platforms reduces the need for physical assets, thus reduces the cost of maintenance and thus lowers the financial burden for students
- With the continued use of technology in classrooms, students can improve their mental capacity and retain considerably more information
- Technology supports the possibility of round the clock learning. Thus students can comfortably schedule classes with relative ease
These are just a few of the reasons why technology should be integrated into all systems of learning. However, these benefits are enjoyed when technology builds on pre-existing traditional methods of teaching. Consequently, the continued implementation and use of technology help connect both students and teachers, thus personalizing the learning process.
Though it is evident that technology has a lot to offer the education sector, it should not go without mention that there are also several downsides to introducing technology to the learning environment. Technology can be a distraction if not properly integrated, introduces new avenues of cheating, and increases the chances of unhealthy social practices among students. As such, this has been the topic of many debates.
Besides, the cost of introducing technology to the current education system is costly and time-consuming. Nevertheless, the benefits of integrating technology in education far outweigh the disadvantages. Institutions of learning worldwide should take the initiative in integrating various technologies to facilitate learning.