Dictionary: A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   O   P   Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z


cream that has been clotted by cooking.
(Brit) a thick cream made from scalded milk, esp in SW England Also called Devonshire cream


Read Also:

  • Clotting factor

    noun 1. any one of a group of substances, including factor VIII, the presence of which in the blood is essential for blood clotting to occur Also called coagulation factor clotting factor n. Any of various plasma components involved in the clotting of blood, including fibrinogen, prothrombin, thromboplastin, and calcium ion. Also called coagulation factor. […]

  • Clotty

    [klot-ee] /ˈklɒt i/ adjective, clottier, clottiest. 1. full of clots. 2. tending to clot.

  • Cloture

    [kloh-cher] /ˈkloʊ tʃər/ U.S. Parliamentary Procedure noun 1. a method of a debate and causing an immediate vote to be taken on the question. verb (used with or without object), clotured, cloturing. 2. to (a debate) by cloture. /ˈkləʊtʃə/ noun 1. closure in the US Senate verb 2. (transitive) to end (debate) in the US […]

  • Clou

    [kloo] /klu/ noun 1. a major point of interest or attention.

Disclaimer: Clotted-cream definition / meaning should not be considered complete, up to date, and is not intended to be used in place of a visit, consultation, or advice of a legal, medical, or any other professional. All content on this website is for informational purposes only.