Dictionary: A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   O   P   Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z

Fluidized bed

(chemical engineering) a bed of fluidized solids used as a heat exchanger or mass transfer medium


Read Also:

  • Fluid lubrication

    noun 1. (engineering) lubrication in which bearing surfaces are separated by an oil film sustained by the motion of the parts

  • Fluidizer

    [floo-i-dahyz] /ˈflu ɪˌdaɪz/ verb (used with object), fluidized, fluidizing. 1. to make (something) . 2. Chemistry. to suspend or transport (finely divided particles) in a stream of gas or air. verb (used without object), fluidized, fluidizing. 3. to become . /ˈfluːɪˌdaɪz/ verb 1. (transitive) to make fluid, esp to make (solids) fluid by pulverizing them […]

  • Fluidly

    [floo-id] /ˈflu ɪd/ noun 1. a substance, as a liquid or gas, that is capable of flowing and that changes its shape at a steady rate when acted upon by a force tending to change its shape. adjective 2. pertaining to a substance that easily changes its shape; capable of flowing. 3. consisting of or […]

  • Fluid-mechanics

    noun, (used with a singular verb) 1. an applied science dealing with the basic principles of gaseous and liquid matter. noun 1. (functioning as sing) the study of the mechanical and flow properties of fluids, esp as they apply to practical engineering Also called hydraulics See also hydrodynamics, hydrostatics, hydrokinetics fluid mechanics The scientific study […]

Disclaimer: Fluidized bed definition / meaning should not be considered complete, up to date, and is not intended to be used in place of a visit, consultation, or advice of a legal, medical, or any other professional. All content on this website is for informational purposes only.