[flahy-bak] /ˈflaɪˌbæk/

noun, Electronics.
the return to its starting point of the electron beam in a cathode ray tube, as after the completion of a line in a television picture or of a trace in an oscilloscope.
the fast return of the spot on a cathode-ray tube after completion of each trace

Read Also:

  • Fly-ball

    noun, Baseball. 1. a ball that is batted up into the air.

  • Flybelt

    [flahy-belt] /ˈflaɪˌbɛlt/ noun 1. an area having a large number of tsetse .

  • Fluorine

    [floo r-een, -in, flawr-, flohr-] /ˈflʊər in, -ɪn, ˈflɔr-, ˈfloʊr-/ noun, Chemistry. 1. the most reactive nonmetallic element, a pale-yellow, corrosive, toxic gas that occurs combined, especially in fluorite, cryolite, phosphate rock, and other minerals. Symbol: F; atomic weight: 18.9984; atomic number: 9. /ˈflʊəriːn/ noun 1. a toxic pungent pale yellow gas of the halogen […]

  • Fluorinate

    [floo r-uh-neyt, flawr-, flohr-] /ˈflʊər əˌneɪt, ˈflɔr-, ˈfloʊr-/ verb (used with object), fluorinated, fluorinating. Chemistry. 1. to treat or combine with . /ˈflʊərɪˌneɪt/ verb 1. to treat or combine with fluorine

  • Fluorimeter

    [floo-rim-i-ter, flaw-, floh-] /flʊˈrɪm ɪ tər, flɔ-, floʊ-/ noun 1. .

Disclaimer: Flyback definition / meaning should not be considered complete, up to date, and is not intended to be used in place of a visit, consultation, or advice of a legal, medical, or any other professional. All content on this website is for informational purposes only.