Dictionary: A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   O   P   Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z


[mel-uh n-buhlb] /ˈmɛl ənˌbʌlb/

noun, Furniture.
a large, bulbous turning, sometimes with surface carving, found especially on the legs and posts of Elizabethan and Jacobean furniture.


Read Also:

  • Melon-dome

    noun, Architecture. 1. a hemispherical dome with a circular base and a ribbed vault divided into individual webs, each of which has a baseline curved segmentally in plan and also curved in elevation.

  • Melon-foot

    noun, English Furniture. 1. a bun foot having vertical channels.

  • Melongene

    [mel-uh n-jeen] /ˈmɛl ənˌdʒin/ noun 1. (def 1).

  • Melonhead

    noun phrase

Disclaimer: Melon-bulb definition / meaning should not be considered complete, up to date, and is not intended to be used in place of a visit, consultation, or advice of a legal, medical, or any other professional. All content on this website is for informational purposes only.