Dictionary: A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   O   P   Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z


[puhl-ver-yuh-luh nt, -ver-uh-luh nt] /pʌlˈvɛr yə lənt, -ˈvɛr ə lənt/

consisting of dust or fine powder.
crumbling to dust or powder.
covered with dust or powder.
consisting of, covered with, or crumbling to dust or fine particles


Read Also:

  • Pulvillus

    [puhl-vil-uh s] /pʌlˈvɪl əs/ noun, plural pulvilli [puhl-vil-ahy] /pʌlˈvɪl aɪ/ (Show IPA). Entomology. 1. a soft, padlike structure located at the base of each claw on the feet of certain insects. /pʌlˈvɪləs/ noun (pl) -li (-laɪ) 1. a small pad between the claws at the end of an insect’s leg

  • Pulvinar

    [puhl-vahy-ner] /pʌlˈvaɪ nər/ noun, plural pulvinaria [puhl-vuh-nair-ee-uh] /ˌpʌl vəˈnɛər i ə/ (Show IPA) 1. 2. Also called pulvinus. (on an Ionic capital) either of two convex forms having on their ends two of the volutes. adjective 3. (def 3). pulvinar pul·vi·nar (pŭl-vī’nər) n. The posterior extremity of the thalamus, forming a cushionlike prominence over the […]

  • Pulvinate

    [puhl-vuh-neyt] /ˈpʌl vəˌneɪt/ adjective 1. having the shape of a ; resembling a cushion; cushion-shaped. 2. having a . 3. Also, pulvinar. Architecture. (of a frieze or the like) having a convex surface from top to bottom. /ˈpʌlvɪˌneɪt/ adjective 1. (architect) (of a frieze) curved convexly; having a swelling 2. (botany)

  • Pulvinus

    [puhl-vahy-nuh s] /pʌlˈvaɪ nəs/ noun, plural pulvini [puhl-vahy-nahy] /pʌlˈvaɪ naɪ/ (Show IPA) 1. Botany. a cushionlike swelling at the base of a leaf or leaflet, at the point of junction with the axis. 2. Architecture. (def 2). /pʌlˈvaɪnəs/ noun (pl) -ni (-naɪ) 1. a swelling at the base of a leafstalk: changes in its turgor […]

Disclaimer: Pulverulent definition / meaning should not be considered complete, up to date, and is not intended to be used in place of a visit, consultation, or advice of a legal, medical, or any other professional. All content on this website is for informational purposes only.