Dictionary: A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   O   P   Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z

Roll-over arm

[rohl-oh-ver] /ˈroʊlˌoʊ vər/
an upholstered chair or sofa arm that curves outward and downward.


Read Also:

  • Rollover-mortgage

    noun 1. renegotiable-rate mortgage. renegotiable-rate mortgage [ree-ni-goh-shee-uh-buh l-reyt, -shuh-buh l-] /ˌri nɪˈgoʊ ʃi ə bəlˌreɪt, -ʃə bəl-/ noun 1. a type of home mortgage for which monthly payments stay constant for a term, usually of three to five years, and the interest rate is renegotiated at the end of every such term until the loan […]

  • Rolls-royce

    noun trademark 1. Also called (informal) Rolls. a make of very high-quality, luxurious, and prestigious British car. The Rolls-Royce company is no longer British-owned 2. anything considered to be the very best of its kind

  • Roll the bones

    roll the bones roll the bones Cast dice, especially in the game of craps, as in Let’s go to the casino and roll the bones tonight. This slangy term was first recorded in 1897, but the noun bones has referred to dice since the late 1300s (Chaucer used it in The Pardoner’s Tale).

  • Roll-top

    noun 1. a flexible, sliding cover for the working area of a desk, opening by rising upward and back in quadrantal grooves and rolling up beneath the top. 2. Also called roll-top desk, rolltop desk. a desk with such a cover.

Disclaimer: Roll-over arm definition / meaning should not be considered complete, up to date, and is not intended to be used in place of a visit, consultation, or advice of a legal, medical, or any other professional. All content on this website is for informational purposes only.