Dictionary: A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   O   P   Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z


noun, Aeronautics.
a flap that is located on the under surface of the trailing edge of an aircraft wing and that splits away from the wing structure when rotated downward, producing an increase in lift or drag or both.
Compare landing flap.
a flap that is located on the upper surface of the trailing edge of an aircraft wing and that acts as a spoiler when rotated upward.


Read Also:

  • Split hand

    split hand n. See cleft hand.

  • Split-image-range-finder

    noun, Photography. 1. a range finder in which opposing halves of a split field move relative to each other and coincide when the object centered in the field is in focus.

  • Split-infinitive

    noun, Grammar. 1. an expression in which there is a word or phrase, especially an adverb or adverbial phrase, between to and its accompanying verb form in an infinitive, as in to readily understand. split infinitive noun 1. (in English grammar) an infinitive used with another word between to (the infinitive marker) and the verb […]

  • Split keyboarding

    noun 1. (computing) the act or practice of editing data from one terminal on another terminal

Disclaimer: Split-flap definition / meaning should not be considered complete, up to date, and is not intended to be used in place of a visit, consultation, or advice of a legal, medical, or any other professional. All content on this website is for informational purposes only.