(1) A 101- or 102-key keyboard from IBM that supersedes the keyboard for the PC /AT computer. The most significant difference between the enhanced keyboard and previous models is that the enhanced keyboard has a row of 12 function keys at the top instead of 10 function keys grouped on the left side of the keyboard. Nearly all PCs made today come with an Enhanced Keyboard.
(2) For Macintoshes, see under extended keyboard.
- Enhanced Message Service
Abbreviated as EMS, an application-level extension to SMS for cellular phones available on GSM, TDMA and CDMA networks. An EMS-enabled mobile phone can send and receive messages that have special text formatting (such as bold or italic), animations, pictures, icons, sound effects and special ring tones. EMS messages that are sent to devices that do […]
- Enter key
A key that moves the cursor (or insertion point) to the beginning of the next line, or returns control to whatever program is currently running. After a program requests information from you (by displaying a prompt), it will usually not respond to your input until you have pressed the Enter or Return key. This allows […]
- Enterprise Collaboration Systems ECS
Abbreviated as ECS, Enterprise Collaboration Systems is a type of information system (IS). ECS is a combination of groupware, tools, Internet, extranets and other networks needed to support enterprise-wide communications, such as the sharing of documents and knowledge to specific teams and individuals within the enterprise. Some examples of enterprise communication tools include e-mail, videoconferencing, […]
- Enterprise Content Management
Abbreviated as ECM, Enterprise Content Management is the document management term which describes the technologies used by organizations to capture, manage, store, and control enterprise-wide content, including documents, images, e-mail messages, instant messages, video, and more. ECM software is used to assist in content control associated with business process, and can be used to assure […]
- Enterprise Feedback Management
EFM or Enterprise Feedback Management is the term used to describe enterprise-wide online survey software. EFM software supports advanced survey design with CRM integration and advanced reporting with statistical analysis, a centralized panel management and workflow process to ensure consistent survey quality and enforce respondent privacy and IT security policies. Additionally, multiple departments within an […]