possibly the best time period there ever was to live in.
i get nostalgic for the 1980’s
a sad year for rock n’ roll. three of the greatest rock stars of all time died in one year, forcing one legendary band to quit.
1. john bonham-one of the greatest drummers of all time dies after the rock n’ roll lifestyle catches up to him. led zeppelin, of course, couldn’t continue making music after this, so they became legends that fateful night in 1980.
2. bon scott-drank so much that he ended up choking on his own vomit later on. somehow, ac/dc rebounded from this with their best alb-m.
3. john lennon-one of the founders of rock n’ roll, his lyrics have been heard throughout the world as a message of peace. he will always be remembered, especially since every beatles song is a hit.
a decade that began on january 1, 1981 and ended on december 31, 1990 by the technical definition of a decade (counting 1-10 instead of counting 0-9, same as 2001 began the millennium). however, the politics, music, fashion, and general culture that defined the 1980s stretched beyond the technical definition. many see the entire first half of the 1990s as simply a continuation of the 1980s, and the last few years of the 1970s as a precursor to the 1980s. the reason this occured was because the 1970s and 1990s for the most part did not contain as many decade-specific defining cultural traits and were simply interim decades between two major decades (ie: the 1960s, the 1980s, the 2000s). broadest definitions of the 1980s can typically range from 1976, the year jimmy carter was elected, to 1994, the year that the internet became easily accessible to the public.
1. i know the movie “china moon” was released in 1994, but look at the way everyone’s dressed, the music, the type of film used. anyone who says that it’s not a 1980’s movie is an elitist.
2. you’re telling me that gary numan’s “cars” isn’t a 1980’s song because it was released in 1979? f-ck you.
the 1980s is the most overrated decade of all time. here’s why:
1. the music consisted of those annoying keyboard sounds with that electric synth pop sound. the beats were all techno with no b-ss sound to them. the best artist of the decade would most definitely be michael jackson because he was ahead of his time.
2. according to facts, the sitcom genre was pretty much pr-nounced dead until the cosby show premiered. the cosby show was the best sitcom in the 80s because the other shows were basically american shows that would cast only one african american cast member.
3. the fashion was a disaster. n-body matched. even people who grew up in the 80s are embar-ssed by the things they did at the time and the things they wore.
4. the movies were extremely cheesy, with the exception of the color purple.
5. the 80s started the whole aids epidemic, and that caused a fear in people.
6. drugs were used heavily in the 80s. people just acted as if they didn’t give a cr-p, kind of like they do in this millenium.
7. although rap was new in the 80s, it was mostly corny, with the exception a few rappers.
to sum up everything, basically the 80s was defined by michael jackson, the cosby show, and the whole drug revolution. the 80s were better than the 2000s, but they surely weren’t better than the 1990s.
“the 1980s are left best forgotten!”
worst decade ever.
nearly everything was cheesy – the pop music, the over the top fashion, the movies and their soundtrack, makeup, the hair….
what’s even worse about it is that its fashion didn’t fully die out until like 1997. yes, there were some people who still didn’t get over the 80’s fashion!
the most worst thing about the decade was the women’s big, fluffy hair – ugh! men had those awful thick, mullet hairs where they resembled llamas. the music was the 2nd worse with its cheesy synthpop sound alongside those cheap drums – aargh!
most of the time the term “80’s” is used in a negative manner, just like how the word “gay” is.
ew, what are you wearing? that’s so 80’s!
ugh! this song is so 80’s! change it!
i admit i looked awful in the 1980’s.
a decade ranging from january 1 1980 to december 31 1989.
4.guns n roses
i was born in the 1980’s
a city name so common that is appeared in both “the rocky horror picture show” and its sequel, shock treatment, as a generic every-town usa. the most famous denton is denton, texas, (pop. approx. 120,000), located about 30 miles nw of dallas along i-35. denton is home to renowned industry, great food, an infamous 1960s/1970s […]
- skater shakes
when you put a packet of sugar in a creamer, shake it up and drink it. those skater shakes kept me buzzed all day.
- tense fit
second skin fitting, ‘super-slim’ fitting jeans for emaciated, daccau, anorexic types…polar opposite of ‘relaxed fit’ super model jane went shopping for some tense fit jeans i layed off the beer, pizza, and sh-t sammiches and believe i can now wear my new tense fit jeans!!
- kitty punch
when a female, in an altercation with another female, punches her in the v-g-n-. i thought she was going to lose that fight until she made an impressive comeback with her powerful kitty punch!
- skipping out on a tab
when you buy a drink at the bar where they know you and you have no cash at the time, you get them to put it on your account (tab). if you leave the area or disappear without paying that account, you are skipping out on a bar tab you’re in a bar: -hey man… […]