Dictionary: A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   O   P   Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z


a neutron-absorbing material, as boron or cadmium, in the shape of a rod or other configuration, that can be moved into or out of the core of a nuclear reactor to regulate the rate of fission.
one of a number of rods or tubes containing a neutron absorber, such as boron, that can be inserted into or retracted from the core of a nuclear reactor in order to control its rate of reaction


Read Also:

  • Control-s

    [as-kee] /ˈæs ki/ noun 1. a standard code, consisting of 128 7-bit combinations, for characters stored in a computer or to be transmitted between computers. /ˈæskiː/ noun acronym 1. American standard code for information interchange: a computer code for representing alphanumeric characters 1963, initialism from “American Standard Code for Information Interchange.” ASCII (ās’kē) A code […]

  • Control-room

    noun 1. a room housing control equipment, as in a recording studio.

  • Control-stick

    noun, Aeronautics. 1. a lever by which a pilot controls the ailerons and elevator of an aircraft. noun 1. the lever by which a pilot controls the lateral and longitudinal movements of an aircraft Also called control column, joy stick

  • Control structure

    programming One of the instructions, statements or groups of statements in a programming language which determines the sequence of execution of other instructions or statements (the control flow). In assembly language this typically consists of jumps and conditional jumps along with procedure call and return though some architectures include other constructs such as an instruction […]

Disclaimer: Control-rod definition / meaning should not be considered complete, up to date, and is not intended to be used in place of a visit, consultation, or advice of a legal, medical, or any other professional. All content on this website is for informational purposes only.