a book written by george orwell in 1948, the t-tle is simply derived from flipping the last 2 digits of the year it was written (1948/1984) and has nothing to do with when it is all supposed to take place. the book is mostly used to show the governments ability to control what you think simply by simplifying language. for example instead of bad there is only ungood. this stops society from thinking and only obeys what the government wants it to. and if you pay attention to the evening news you may notice this slowly happening when they talk about things and you have no idea what they mean.
1984 is a masterpiece in literature and also is considered a great warning to all societys if you believe everything you see on tv or hear on the radio.
a good book written by george orwell in 1948. it is about someone who tries to rebel against an extremely fascist government, and is captured, tortured, and brainwashed until he himself becomes a follower of the government. it shows what the people of 1948 thought the future might be like if the axis powers had defeated the allies in world war 2.
by the way, it actually does take place in 1984, and it says that quite a few times in the book. it’s not just because it’s the last two digits of 1948 backwards, although that might have been why he chose that year.
in the year 1984 we will all be shouting “all hail big brother!!!”
1. a novel written by george orwell about the excesses of an authoritarian government.
2. the process of removing pictures, phone numbers and all objects linked to an ex from your life after a break up.
1. 1984 had a lot to say about the excesses of stalinist russia.
2. boys, get the lighter fluid. i’m 1984ing that b-tch out of my life.
1984 (verb) – anything that a government does to control people, brainwash people, or take away their rights.
“george bush 1984s people into making them vote for him”
1. a cl-ssic science fiction novel written by british writer george orwell (real name eric arthur blair) that was written as a warning of how governments can manipulate every aspect of citizens’ lives (including the media) to brainwash them into becoming loyal complacent citizens (sheep) and use created situations as an excuse to deprive the populace of their freedoms and civil liberties and human rights. it was written in 1948, so orwell was using the recent war and the totalitarian fascist and communist regimes that were defeated, as well as said type regimes that would soon be established. this book should be required reading in school, in order that the sh-t that has occurred since the end of the cold war at the end of the 80s won’t be happening again. history doesn’t have to keep repeating itself.
2. adjective to describe something as “totalitarian”, “sieg heil” or “big brother” or “orwellian”.
3. a hit alb-m by van halen. kept from the #1 alb-m position by michael jackson’s “thriller” in early 1984.
4. a song by david bowie that appeared on his 1974 alb-m.
1. 1984 is an english literature cl-ssic. it’s message still holds true today.
2. that tv news broadcast is so 1984!
3. “jump”, “i’ll wait”, “panama” and “hot for teacher” are the hits from van halen’s 1984 alb-m.
4. in 1984, tina turner covered david bowie’s “1984”.
whats happening before our very eyes.
barack obama/ george bush…both are fear mongering…one using the “economy” and the other one using “terrorists”. these scare tactics were shoved into americas minds through television propaganda similar to 1984, controlled by the new world order..they were merely puppets to an elite few
1.an excellent novel by george orwell, dealing with a futuristic, totalitarian scociety
2.something we bring up whenever we disagree with somebody slightly g-dwin’s law
1.i’m glad we read 1984 in cl-ss
2.i slightly disagree with the government, therefore i will compare them to 1984
- sea-urchin bird
the “sub” is an unusual species of bird that grows inside sea urchins, acting as if the sea urchin is the womb and the bird a fetus. when the sea urchin dies, impregnated with the bird, it crawls out. the sea urchin bird is both a myth and a fact. whether you believe it is […]
- live at
to frequent a particular place. often used to correct an understatement. “are you eating mcdonald’s again?” “are you kidding? we live at mcdonalds?”
posting liuwd on your status is a “subtle” way of saying “like if u want d-ck”. you want a someone to give you head, or sh-g? post liuwd on your status. pick one of the girls (or guys – if you’re into that sort of thing) as your status, and then she/he wants d-ck…. from […]
- little sperm thrombosis
this is when you use the “withdrawel method” during s-x. your boyfriend pulls out his mr benjamin and flaps it onto your stomach and c-ms. the little sperm start to throb on the girls stomache causing “little sperm thrombosis”! luke: im coming babe! nat: well get it out then!! luke: what?? (-rg-smic) nat: i dont […]
laugh my -rs- off so hard it hurts someone says something hilarious… lmaoshih! that is so funny