1) the larval form of the antlion (also spelled ant lion), also known as a backward bug or backwards bug. it is a true insect.
2) the pill bug (a crustacean, not an insect- order: isopoda). its various species are found all over the world. english slang names include: roly poly (spelled many ways), doodlebug, woodlouse, woodbug, armadillo bug, ball bug, bowling ball bug, hardy back, potato bug, slater, chuggy pig, butcher boy, carpenter, cheesybug, cheeselog, daddy gamfer (also spelled daddy gampfer), beetle bug, and granny grey. the most common slang names in america are roly poly and doodlebug.
3) the sow bug (also a crustacean in the order isopoda), which looks much like the pillbug, except it can’t roll up. it has some of the same slang names as the pill bug.
1) the child dropped an ant into the doodlebug’s pit, and watched in facination as the sand monster grabbed it.
2) the doodlebugs rolled up into tiny b-lls each time the children flicked them with their fingers.
3) maxie caught a doodlebug that couldn’t roll up.
10 more definitions
add your own
a girl with puffy cheeks!
ex: i bet you that doodle-bug can hide 14 acorns in her cheeks!!
british nickname given to the german v-1 flying bomb weapon during wwii.
she died in a doodlebug raid on london in 1944.
1/ someone who doodles on their school notes.
2/ a pet name for a cute blue-eyed, blond-haired boy
1/ the doodlebug next to me drew sweet pictures of eyeb-lls and skulls on my chem notes.
2/ jonny is a doodlebug.
although it is used to describe an ant lion who builds conical mounds to trap it’s prey and the dung beetle who lays its eggs in little b-lls of cow pies then rolls them backwards to who knows where, oilfield workers know this term as describing a person who is in the oil exploration business. mainly seismic crews.
“some doodlebugs use dynamite to find oil and others use vibrators”. “those d-mn doodleb-gg-rs tore up my cottonfield with their trucks again”
a jerk; -sshole; rude person; anyone acting on ill intent
this f-cking doodlebug was about to blow right through that stop sign!
don’t talk to that ginger, she’s a doodlebug.
(n) an ant-lion, an insect larva that digs conical pits in order to trap ants.
morty liked to drop ants into doodlebug pits.
- doo doo clause
somebody who shows up wearing a santa hat but looks gross nappy smelly dirty or an -sshole etc ayo doo doo clause
- dorm alone
just like being “home alone,” but with a college dorm room instead. when you walk into the room and find out your roommates are gone, then you know your dorm alone, which gives you a certain amount of privacy and with it freedom to do things that would normally be too awkward or obnoxious with […]
- Dorm Buzzard
tragically and almost perpetually unattached people that hang out in the lobbies or front steps of college or boarding school dorms waiting for a breakup or someone desparate, drunk, or pathetic, to fall dead (or single) and they swoop down to try to score on the remnants. these people know they are a rebound date, […]
1. someone who travels behind, following another persons every move or command. 2. being a one person fan club 3. an attendant, servant, or retainer. 4. to pursue obsessively another person. 5. being someones b-tch. my boyfriend is my dosja..he checks my facebook ten thousand times a day. girl: ” go pick up my dry […]
- Double carbin' it
consuming two types of carbohydrates in one meal. jack: “you’re eating fries and chicken fingers in one sitting, really?” jill: “yeah, i’m double carbin’ it today!”