a phrase used by a legacy player of final fantasy xiv (14). when a player utters this phrase, it means that he/she:
1) is a user with a service account that had paid for at least 90 c-mulative days of subscriptions between january 6, 2012 and november 1, 2012. they hold special privileges such as a discounted subscription price post-launch of version 2.0, exclusive in-game chocobo mount, and their name is to be displayed in the credits for version 2.0.
2) feels that because of their partic-p-tion in the infancy stage (1.0) of final fantasy xiv, their voice deserves to be heard over any other potential players when communicating via official ffxiv forums.
3) feels that because of their partic-p-tion in the infancy stage (1.0) of final fantasy xiv, their every gaming related want and need must be indulged for the sake of the future enjoyment of all true final fantasy xiv fans and players.
4) has a deep, resonating sense of ent-tlement that is fully justifiable because they are a final fantasy xiv “legacy” member. some of the legacy community feel an even stronger sense of ent-tlement if they have played the game and/or have had an active account since the start of the game in 2010. the ultimate ent-tlement is felt by members of the community that partic-p-ted in the alpha/beta phase of 1.0, played the game since 1.0 launch, and was there to witness the end of 1.0.
ffxiv player 1: the gr-ss isn’t realistic enough in 2.0
ffxiv player 2: it’s fine. what are you expecting?
ffxiv player 1: perfection.
ffxiv player 2: nothing is can be “perfect” man..
ffxiv player 1: but i am legacy; therefore, ent-tled.
example #2 (very realistic example from ffxiv forums):
hi…rokien here. i hope everyone is having a wonderful day. i know i am (hanging out with the gf). today, i’d like to talk about immersion. arr needs more of it. because i am legacy; therefore, ent-tled.
- involuntary wii-cabulary syndrome (iws)
characterized by compulsive use of the word ‘wii’ to prefix any word in any language. common in serious wii addicts who live almost exclusively in their own ‘wii-ality’. in extreme cases, victims may become totally lost in their wii-ality forever, losing jobs and relationships, and becomming strange creatures of darkness with huge muscular right arms. […]
it’s ok if a republican does it. this phrase is republican justification for indiscretions, ethical compromises, s-xual misbehavior, etc. -governor mark sanford flew to argentina to have an affair. -iokiardi -sarah palin didn’t bother to pay taxes on two large vacation chalets. -iokiardi -senator john ensign hired his mistress and paid her a huge salary. […]
obsessed with ipads or use them constantly. (the itis part is pr-nounced as you would pr-nounce the end of tonsillitis.) that boy is always on his ipad, he has ipadeitis i fear the school has been infected with ipadeitis.
- i pay bills
phrase used to re-ssure someone of a situation; another way of saying fo sho john: yo is it ok if we go to that party? nick: are you kidding? i pay bills there
ipod of the president of the united states. reputed to contain over 2,000 songs with artists as diverse as jay-z and lil wayne. i heard that the new misogynistic lil wayne song glorifying violence and reinforcing negative racial stereotypes is on the ipotus.